The new two-story building will comprise 221,196 square feet and accommodate approximately 1,000 students, with the ability to expand to 1,125 students if needed in the future.
Learning environment highlights include:
- Two-story academic wing with dedicated 1st-floor area for 6th grade and 2nd-floor area for 7th and 8th grades.
- Academic Learning Commons on the 1st and 2nd floor supports small and large group collaboration.
- Library & Innovation Center, with a large, flexible collaboration-based learning environment.
- Cafetorium with a stage designed and acoustically tuned to support performing arts concerts.
- Multipurpose gymnasiums, performing arts classrooms/labs, project labs, and cafetorium are accessible from all parking areas and easily isolated from the academic suite for after-hours building use.
- Academic and event commons include clearstory windows to bring natural light into the core of the building.
- Centrally located field sports building provides easy access and support for all sports.
- Sports fields include tennis courts, softball and baseball fields, a football and track field, a discus and shot-put area, and practice fields.
Construction is scheduled for completion by July 2025 for the start of the 2025-26 school year.
Due to wise financial stewardship by the Avon Board of School Trustees and district administrators, this project will be completed with no increase in the tax rate for taxpayers and without the use of 2018 Referendum funds.
Groundbreaking is a significant milestone in what has been a deliberate and thorough process involving helpful input from students, educators, parents, and members of the community.Superintendent Dr. Scott Wyndham